Siasa Place is an NGO formed in 2015 that aims to create an enabling environment for youth mainstreaming into our body politic. We at Siasa Place believe in the active participation of ordinary citizens, in an inclusive platform for young people willing to voice their concerns and ideas and if needed to lead, and in educating people on the functions and processes of government and the responsibility of the voters in holding that government accountable.
The Program Officer, M&E will be responsible for design and implementation of M&E plan, conducting project needs assessments, conducting ongoing M&E, managing project data, ensuring data is used to inform project plans, and reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Ongoing project M&E
• Establish a coordinated M&E system in line with the SP strategic plan:
• Generate data collection tools to monitor achievement of outputs, outcomes, and objectives and key assumptions outlined in the project logframe in consultation with key project staff and subject matter experts as appropriate.
• Develop internal excel database to support efficient, accurate data management, reporting and data analysis.
• Ensure consistent use of data collection and reporting tools by key project staff and; monitor data quality and follow-up on issues identified.
• Lead annual evaluation in consultation with key project staff
• Inform the SP Executive Director to any necessary target amendments or changes to M&E plan or tools in a timely manner.
• Facilitate periodic data analysis and action planning meetings to ensure project is on track and support provision of data-driven technical services. Track all project outputs, outcomes and objectives against targets.
• Ensure all internal M&E activities are consistent with SP cooperative agreements with development partners.
• Develop annual evaluation report and present findings of the same
• Develop quality, accurate semi-annual reports in cooperation with the SP Executive Director
• Develop/provide input into updates for other stakeholders as requested by the Executive Director.
M&E Capacity Building Support
• Support the colleagues in the development of an M&E capacity development workplan
• Collaborate to provide technical advice and training in areas of expertise including but not limited to data management in accordance with the work plan.
• Support development of M&E resources in accordance with workplan and in collaboration with colleagues.
Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with partners.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Write multiple focused needs assessments creating supportive literature reviews and suggesting and/or refining themes, learning objectives, and agendas
• Assist in preparation of grant template documents for upcoming grant development needs
• Coordinate and review and finalize, grant submission sections according to supporter’s grant portal requirements, including grant summaries, letters of request, etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager and the Executive Director
• Analyze activity outcomes data to identify educational uptake and unmet educational needs and gaps
Education: First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of development projects.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
• Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
• Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
• Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
• Strong proficiency Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Expertise researching, compiling, and analyzing
Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English.
• Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
• Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
• Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
• Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
• Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
• Good computer applications skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in diversified environments.
Interested individuals to send their resume and a 500 max word cover letter via email@example.com with the email subject of ‘Program Officer M&E’ by 10th October 2022.
Siasa Place is an equal opportunity employer and charges no fee in the recruiting process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.