Siasa Place (SP) is a youth Non-governmental Organization (NGO), established in 2015 that specializes in working with youth and building institutional structures that support youth. Since its inception, SP has focused on youth expertise in policy review, participation in decision making processes including budget processes, and trained youth on policy making both at the national and county level, to improve and increase accountability.
Terms of Reference for Communications Officer Position
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented communications officer to lead our communications department. In this position, you will be in charge of producing high-quality content that engages our members, followers and builds brand recognition.
The main duties will also include creating informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our organization’s brand.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with brilliant presentation, organizational skills and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build brand awareness.
- Provide design and direction for collateral, web, product packaging, and other visual communications media for Siasa Place.
- Help promote uniformity and consistency of brand.
- Prepare detailed media and field activity reports.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all communications materials.
- Work with different organizational departments (Programs Team, Executive Director Office and External Suppliers) to generate new ideas and strategies.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new programs, launches and events.
- Plan, manage and streamline Siasa Place membership.
- Explore and grow our social media channels.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Identify brand building areas.
- Create and/or edit multimedia content including videos, animations, and info graphics for the website, social media, quarterly newsletters (print and/ or online), and other appropriate outlets.
- Overseeing the branding of all written, printed and drawn materials to ensure they match with the organization’s communication policy.
- Coordinate the appearance of all organizations print and electronic materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have some knowledge of design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, InDesign).
Interested individuals to send their profile and a 500 max word cover letter via email@example.com with the email subject of ‘ Communications Officer Application’ by 14th February 2022.
Siasa Place is an equal opportunity employer and charges no fee in the recruiting process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.