Siasa Place (SP) is a youth Non-governmental Organization (NGO), established in 2015 that specializes in working with youth and building institutional structures that support youth. Since its inception, SP has focused on youth expertise in policy review, participation in decision making processes including budget processes, and trained youth on policy making both at the national and county level, to improve and increase accountability.
Terms of Reference for Finance Intern Role
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented individual to fill the finance intern position. The individual must be based in Nairobi Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining petty cash.
- Assist in posting of journals on QuickBooks.
- Prepare payment vouchers for all petty cash transactions.
- Assist in filing all finance & administration documents.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to program staff..
- Assist with review and verification of support documentation submitted by project staff.
- Provide organizational support to preparation, implementation
- Assist with preparation of donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements.
Competence, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Must have basic knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the supervisor.
- Shadowing, mentoring & training with the Finance Manager.
- Hands-on application of financial principles in a fast paced working environment.
- Occasionally attend networking events.
- Stipend available.
Interested individuals to send their resume and a 500 max word cover letter via email@example.com with the email subject of ‘Finance Intern Application’ by 14th February 2022.
Siasa Place is an equal opportunity employer and charges no fee in the recruiting process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.